Thursday, August 21, 2008

Asinine

I got a call from the plastic surgeon's office yesterday, telling me that my surgery has been approved. It's scheduled for the 17th of September.

They wanted me to go in for another office visit to get a pre surgery physical, but Tricare only authorized me for ONE visit pre surgery and ONE post.

That's fucking asinine. I need more than that; I'll need to have drains removed 48 hours post-op and then sutures removed a week later - that's a MINIMUM of 2 visits, and that's presuming I don't get an infection or a hemotoma or something.

So, I had to go ask my doctor to write me another referral for more office visits today. it blows my mind that Tricare authorize me to get a $50,000 surgery, but won't give me a $200 office visit beforehand/more than one afterwards. They're supposed to be 'medical professionals'; they're supposed to be familiar with the procedures they're authorizing. Pfffft. Yeah, right.

I got the referral. I'm having the surgery. I know that I'm lucky to have insurance that will cover it, believe me...I know I'm fortunate and I'm appreciative of that. I just don't believe I should have to be jumping through these particular hoops.

I also found out that I'm probably going to be a small C/large B when all's said and done. I'm ok with that. As long as I'm not a DDD or a DD or a D....actually, as long as they're smaller, I can maneuver and my back doesn't hurt I'll be happy.

Smaller boobies. *sigh* I'm scared, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: