Sunday, August 3, 2008

Little Beauties? Can someone please help me understand this?

I'm watching a show called 'Little Beauties' on VH1 and I am sickened.

Ever since Jon Benet Ramsey was murdered, the majority of America has been aware to some degree of the sick white underbelly of our culture that is the child 'beauty' pageant circuit.

There is a group of mothers (and I use that term in the loosest possible sense) who think that it's OK to sexualize their children at the age of 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. They think it's OK to tell them to "flirt with your eyes" and "shake the booty that gawd gave ya" and that it's OK to put more makeup on them than I, a full grown woman, would wear to a movie premiere. That it's OK to tease and curl their hair, to spray fake tan on them, to have 'flippers' made - fake teeth to cover up the gaps that are left when baby teeth fall out.

Don't even get me started on the clothes. We'll be here all day.

The sad thing is that the moms who are behind these little brats are ALL overweight. ALL of them. Personally, I'd be really interested to see the results of their MMPPI's; I think there'd be lots of narcissistic tendencies, borderline personality disorders and cyclothimias diagnosed. I have to wonder how many of the kids are up there on the stage because momma desired the fame and adulation as a kid and couldn't/didn't get it for whatever reason.

Here's something else I don't understand: the 'organizers' and MC's of all of these pageants, the people who make the rules and who run the shows....they're all GAY MEN!!!!!!!!!!!! TD?!?

I think all the mothers who have put their little girls up on the stage like this need a kick in their fat fucking asses and a smack upside their stupid heads.

You know what I think a beautiful child looks like? A kid with skinned knees and gappy teeth, sweaty from running at the playground or riding their bike. A kid who HATES getting their hair combed or their face washed and who isn't interested in getting dressed up for anything. THAT is a beautiful child, to me.

Gah. I think I'm going to go hurl.

1 comment:

EE said...

Agree with your opinion.