Sunday, May 10, 2009

So much for Mother's Day

I don't expect much on Mother's Day. I've never been a big fan of brunches and I know from experience that lunches on M Day are crazy, so I never ask to be taken out to eat. I'm happier staying at home, to be honest.

I don't want my kids to wait on me hand and foot, and I don't want them to spend a fortune on me.

I really don't expect much.

But this year....I'm so disappointed.

I got a card that they left on the kitchen counter for 3 days. Neither of the two that are home wished me a happy Mother's Day or volunteered to make me a cup of coffee...nothing. They got up and proceeded to play XBox. LL wished me a Happy Mother's Day after his dad prompted him, but FTS didn't say anything.

I thought that perhaps they had made plans for something later in the day, but FTS is going to her BF's house and LL is hanging out with his friends, so clearly they're not planning anything.

I told them a few days ago that I keep all of the pictures and cards that they made for me for M Day when they were little, that those things are more meaningful to me than any store bought card or gift.

We have markers, crayons, paints, paper, glue, glitter...all kinds of art supplies.

They didn't make me anything.

I'm so disappointed - and hurt, too.

I don't expect much, but I expected more than this.

No comments: