Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday randomness

1. I have a pulley on the bathroom door that the physicqal therapist gave me. I hold on to the handles, relax my left arm, and pull the string with my right arm.....it raises my left arm up above my head. I can now get my left arm up to 140 degrees without excruciating pain.

2. Crossing my left arm over my body is altogether a different matter. That shirt hurts.

3. Whilst therapy isn't as painful as I'd expected, it still hurts. I'm dismayed that I still need to take percocet...I thought I'd be done by now.

4. Something smells off in the fridge. I was going to clean it today before we went grocery shopping, but have managed to persuade Numbah Two to do it instead. Hooray!

5. Hearing witnesses say 'but I've been in line since yesterday so I'm going to keep shopping' re: the WalMart clerk getting trampled to death in NY makes me disgusted with humanity in general. Is there ANY bargain that's worth someone's LIFE? Apparently a certain subset of the population thinks so. People have become so materialistic - it's as if they have been brainwashed into thinking that they aren't worth anything unless they have a brand new car and a big screen TV; it's not WHO they are that matters to them, it's WHAT they have. I don't get it.

6. I'm making socks for my in-laws for Christmas. My brother in law is a teacher, so he's getting socks in his school's colors. My father in law is a big Colts fan, so he's getting blue and white striped ones. My mother in law is getting pink and white fairisle striped ones. My brother in law also is getting a matching hat and scarf - I made him a hat 2 years ago and he has, according to my mother in law, worn it out. So, he's getting all hand made stuff from us this year.

7. I am able to turn out a pair of socks every other day now if I put my mind to it. It makes me feel productive, to be honest.

8. 'Tis the season for Christmas parties. I got a new dress for the evening events, but Urbaner isn't going to be here for them....so I'm not going to go. The dress is going back in the closet (it's not appropriate for daytime, it's more of an evening dress) until I can find an occasion to wear it to. There's a luncheon tomorrow that I have to attend, so I'm wearing a suit - if it still fits, that is.

9. The BX here on base has Estee lauder, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden and Clinique cosmetics, and occasionally they have boxed sets. I got an Elizabeth Arden one the other day - 12 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, a shimmer powder, 2 lipliners, 2 eyeliners (all full size) a small tube of mascara, an eyeshadow brush, blush brush, kabuki and lipliner brushes and a black purse....all for $36. I got to throw out all the makeup I had that's over a year old and start all over with this new stuff. I learned a while ago that you pay for quality when it comes to cosmetics, so I'm really stoked to score like this. If I have one weakness, it's for makeup and cosmetics. And yarn, of course.

More randomness to follow.....

No comments: