Friday, June 26, 2009

Westboro Baptist Church and SSG Josh Melton

I need your help.

One of our own came home in a casket yesterday.

SSG Joshua A Melton of Germantown, IL, was killed by an IED. His funeral will be tomorrow morning, Saturday June 27th at 10am at St Boniface church in Germantown IL.

Members of Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing his funeral. From their website (http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html):

'St. Boniface Church - Mourn for your sins DOOMED america! 306 Munster St Yet a little while, DOOMED america. Yet a little while and all that you have seen and known will be destroyed. You have made it your life's work to defy the Lord's Commandments. He will have his vengeance. When you see your dead brute brat lying in a box (or worse - sent home sloshing around in a leak-proof Ziplock bag) you know that God hates you.'

I cannot stand by and let these hate mongering fucks do what they plan to do. I don't think that anyone's family should have to see these fucking halfwits and their signs as they bury their loved one. So, I'm going totry to go to Germantown tomorrow, and I'm looking for people to go with me. Help me line the funeral procession route, help me create a human shield. Stand with me in silent protest.

Email me if you think you can and we'll try to arrange something (dharmagirl69@gmail.com).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only I lived the other side of the Atlantic :( Though I can provide you with a life size photo you could print onto cardboard and cut out, and carry with you in said human shield?

Seriously, those guys are utter scum. Give them a kick from me if you get chance

Ninja Pharmer said...

Nick: FTS and I are thinking about taking a posterboard sign with the names of people who wanted to show support but couldn't be there on it, and using that as part of the shield to block those retards and their bullshit.

I'm taking my camera so the whole world can see just how fucked up these people are.

Anonymous said...

my brother is a member of the Ohio Patriot Guard Riders, the bikers who provide a human shield at funerals for soldiers & veterans. Tomorrow he'll be in Indianapolis for a funeral; if he wasn't committed to that, I'm sure he'd be in Illinois with you.
The PGR guys check the website of the protestors as well, they'll probably be in attendance with you. Good for you to make the trip & provide your support.
Peggy, RN

Anonymous said...

Same as Nick, if I wasn't in the uk, and lived somewhere close I would definately be there!!
No matter what peoples beliefs are, the Americans and British have all lost loved ones in these battles and wars. If it was one of my family, I don't think I could keep away from the 'protestors'. They make me feel physically sick.

If you are adding a name board, please put mine on. Not medic999, but Mark Glencorse.

Thank you for taking a stand.

Mark

Doodie said...

Good post! A lot of people I've spoken with have still never heard of this church and it's activities.
Besides the obvious negativity that this group spreads, the saddest thing is the kids that are involved in this church. They may never get to actually choose their own spiritual path. They've been totally brainwashed by this twisted 2 dimensional version of Christianity.

I wrote something up about the church as well and threw up a couple videos of them and a picture of a toddler holding a sign that says "you will eat you babies"
Ridiculous.......
http://doodiepants.com/2009/05/31/westborobaptistchurch/