Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Really?!

I live next to some of *the* most selfish, inconsiderate people it has ever been my misfortune to come across.

First, it was the partying and noise. It started around Thanksgiving and continued until I ended up calling a patrol to respond to their home at 4am on New Year's Day.

After that, things were quiet for a week or so. Then it started again. They have a habit of going out on a Friday or Saturday night and coming home at 3 or 4 am, hollering and screaming up and down the street, waking both myself and Urbaner up.

Then the weather got warmer and their kids were out in the street. All 8 of them. And, when I say 'in the street' I mean that literally. I have lost count of the number of times I have come down the street in the car and had to come to a complete and often abrupt halt because one of their children is running in the road....with no parental supervision at all. The one time the mom WAS out there, her 3 year old ran out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. Instead of grabbing the kid and tanning his rear end like *I* would have done to one of mine, she just stood in the same spot and said "Focus, Jameilanichaqwan"

"Focus". Your child almost got run over, and you just stand your fat ass in the same fucking spot and tell him to focus. What the fuck is wrong with you?!

The warmer weather also heralded the return of their dog. This dog barks and *any* and *every*thing, and instead of bringing it inside when it yaps incessantly like the rest of the street does with their dogs, these ignoramuses leave it out there for hours (and I mean that literally). It starts at 7am - which is just lovely when I've worked the night before - and goes on literally all day.

Urbaner and I have tried and tried to get over their actions and behaviour, to just try to ignore it and get on with our lives. However, what happened Friday night/Saturday morning changed that: they came home with some friends and 3:45am and decided to stand outside their house, screaming and cackling and generally creating a disturbance. It was so loud it woke both of us up, and Urbaner - the guy who's more than willing to live and let live - got up, stuck his head out of the window and said "Really?!! Are you kidding me?!! It's quarter to four in the morning!! Have some goddam respect for your neighbors!!!!"

I'm done. Really. I'm starting to keep a log - I'm documenting all the times that they create problems with their kids or their dog or their partying. After a couple of weeks, I'm taking it to the housing office and to this jackass's command section and I'm going to ask them for some help. Clearly our asking them to quit isn't doing a damn bit of good, and whilst a police visit helped for a weekend they went right back to their noisy ways after a couple of days. It's not just the noise, either....one of those kids is going to end up getting hit by a car if they don't keep an eye on them better.

I just don't understand how people can have so little consideration for those who live around them. I really don't get it...

No comments: