Saturday, December 6, 2008

The best and the worst

Just because I can:

NinjaMedic's most hated commercials:

1. Shamwow. That guy Vince is a total tosser (Brit-speak for jackass/loser) and he gets on my last fucking nerve. That line about "you know the Germans always make good stuff" makes me want to throw things at the TV. Gah. I'm getting aggrivated just thinking about it.

2. Anything with Billy Mays in it. Why that man needs to YELL EVERY WORD is a mystery to me. Plus, that hair and beard are clearly the result of Grecian 2000

3. Cash 4 Gold.com, more specifically the one with the butt-ugly Jewish woman with the whiny voice and NY accent who speaks like she's got an IQ of 13.5 and says "I had no ideeear my old gold jewull-urry was worth so much money". I had no idea SHE was SO annoying - until I'd seen the commercials a few times. Now I'm very aware of just how aggrivating she is.


4. HeadOn. Or ActiveOn. Or PreferOn. Or ScarOn. Or whatever-else-the-fuck-on. They're all annoying.

5. The toothpaste commercial where the girl brushes her teeth before bed, goes to sleep, gets up the next morning and then rubs her finger over her front incisor to show that it's still squeaky clean. That sound makes me feel funny, and not in a good way. I've taken to sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "LALALALALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAA" whenever it comes on just so I won't hear that squeaking.


NinjaMedic's most LOVED commercials:

1. Any of the Sonic commercials with the people in their cars. Hilarious.

2. "F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the e-d-i-t, Ree to the Port to the dot to the com"....closely followed by "now my legs are sticking to the vinyl and my posse's getting laughed at' one".

3. Boost Mobile with George Washington. He busts out an LL Cool J rhyme at the end in this very proper early American/semi English accent and says "don't all it a comeback; I've been here for years...". That makes me laugh every time I see it.

4. e-Trade with the vomiting baby who totally underestimated the creepy factor of the clown he and his boys hired. More hilarity.


What about you? What are your most loved/hated commercials?

4 comments:

Epijunky said...

Trunk Monkey. Without a doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

My all time favorite trunk monkey commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmgsydpA_U

Evil Transport Lady said...

I agree with everything you said!

I have issues with the traveling gnome........but I think I need therapy for that;)

icemanof92 said...

haha i totally agree especially on #2 of most hated- billy mays SUCKS why does he always yell? maybe he needs to turn up his hearing aid or something!! AHH! BUY OXY CLEAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot the commercials for the penis pills and penis creams on ESPN. Ughhhhh.