Friday, December 26, 2008

This + That - The Other = Lesson Learned

2 BIG glasses of wine Wednesday night + 5 hours sleep overnight + one cup of black coffee Thursday morning - any food at all until 1300 Thursday = cranky, headachy NinjaMedic.

Junk finger food (very yummy, tho) Thursday afternoon + 2 cokes - the 48 oz of water my body has gotten used to during the day + one cup of black coffee this morning + 3 hours of traipsing around the mall - any sustenance until 1400 = a worn out NinjaMedic

1 supreme burrito + one soft taco + a 32oz coke + a one and a half hour nap this afternoon - my customary banana an hour before I run + a decision to run with Urbaner who pushed me to go further and faster and for longer (thanks, babe. I didn't really mean those names that I called you) = NinjaMedic vomiting in the bushes (x2) and a 'stitch' that wouldn't go away.

The lesson learned = not eating right and failing to hydrate adequately makes for a very difficult run and a miserable NinjaMedic.

I'm never doing that again.

3 comments:

Evil Transport Lady said...

I sure hope not;) Feel better:)

Ninja Pharmer said...

ETL: I'm ok now. I knew better than to do that, but I did it anyway. However, I am sort of kind of proud of it, because it makes me feel like a hardass.

Epijunky said...

You are a hard ass :)