Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sam The EMT is ill.

Hey y'all...

I've been in touch with Sam the EMT (Medic 61) today and she's hospitalized again, at least until Monday. Her symptoms returned, and she's currently being treated for a rare genetic disorder (it's not a firm diagnosis yet because the tests take a month to get results, but her symptoms -physical and clinical - fit). Her doctors heard hoofbeats and this time it really does look like zebras are approaching...

I'm here to ask you all to have a good thought for her today, or if you're a praying person keep her in your prayers. She's a great medic and a wonderful person, and she's still pretty young to be given a load as heavy as the one she's carrying right now. I'm going to try and do what I can to make that load a little lighter to bear.

Anyone care to join me?

6 comments:

Epijunky said...

I'm worried sick about her. She's my sister from another Mother, a gifted writer, one of the sweetest, most genuine people I've ever met, and a hell of an EMT.

*sigh*

I just wish I lived closer.

Tony said...

Ninja and or Epi,

Let me know if there's anything my wife and I can do. I'm slightly closer than the two of you, not by much, but she's a great person and this sucks for her.

Tony

Evil Transport Lady said...

I'm not sure what state she lives in, so I'll send some internet hugs her way! Sounds like the "zebra" trampled her:(

Anonymous said...

Sam is a really inspiring person, one of the first blogs which captured me, and it is so sad to see her ill. If there is absoulutely anything I can do to help her from over in England please let me know. She's in my thoughts and prayers already, but I could send her emails/letters/presents if you think it'll help?

Kolla said...

Let us know what we can do Ninja.
I had a run-in with my own zebra a couple of years back and know that adjusting to life again on new terms is not easy. Especially when your own body is misbehaving.
Much love to Sam!

Unknown said...

Cool article it's really. Friend on mine has long been awaiting just for this content.Best advertising Agency in the world | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi