Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I wish

It's that time of year again. I may not believe in the reason for the season, but I DO believe that the gathering of family and friends and the general air of good will (unless you're WalMart, who stopped a man distributing gift cards he had just purchased at their store to shoppers already in/coming into the store. Yet ANOTHER reason I don't shop at WalMart. Target came through and said they'd trade their gift cards for the WalMart gifts cards and that they guy was welcome in their store any time. Yay for Tarr-jaay!) makes it a very special time of year.

In the spirit of that goodwill, I'd like to wish you all a very happy holiday season. My greatest hope for you is that you each get whatever it is that your heart desires most and if I had the power to make that happen you could bet your asses that tomorrow morning you'd be waking up with some very special things waiting for you. Things that would either need an enormous amount of wrapping paper and tape or would be impossible to wrap at all (how can you wrap a career? A lifetime of love? I don't think you can). Besides, I suck at wrapping gifts. Mine always turn out looking like a couple of spider monkeys wiped their butts with the paper before haphazardly tossing the paper onto the gift and securing it with copious amounts of tape.

Tomorrow we will be up waaaay before it gets light so we can be on the road to Indiana. We will be spending the day with family, which I am looking forward to immensely, eating and drinking and generally being merry and happy.

By the way, you wanna know my favorite part of this holiday? The day after the 25th, when I see kids sporting their new coats and hats and boots, riding their new bikes or scooters and driving their Barbie cars and Jeeps up and down the street. I remember how that feels, and it always makes me smile.

Happy holiday's y'all. I'm going to go to the gym now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ninja, and good luck in the gym! :D

Evil Transport Lady said...

May you have a safe and happy trip! Have a great Christmas!

Epijunky said...

Hope you're having a fantastic day, Ninja. Thank you for the wonderful post.